As I was researching the Central Line on the internet I came across this document. According to the URL it can be found somewhere on the Transport for London (TfL) website.
The chart appears to show the organisational structure of TfL in 2016/2017 and includes information about salaries.
There are a number of common sense questions which might be asked about this management structure:
- What do the Head of Transformation and Business Transformation Director actually do?
- Why are there two Senior Principals of Commercial Finance?
- Why are there three Heads of HR plus a Head of HR Services?
- What does the Senior Executive Advisor do?
- Is it really necessary to employ so many people on salaries in excess of £100,000 when the majority of TfL’s budget comes from fares and grants from central and local government?
- Are these salaries in any way performance related?
- In what way are these people accountable to passengers?
In view of the deteriorating standard of service delivered across the TfL network, isn’t it time passengers were given the opportunity to ask these questions and time we were given some answers?